jeudi 27 septembre 2007

dreams

I had a dream for almost a week. It was very sweet. It ended in an afternoon when it rained as I typed the last few words of the first chapter of my thesis. I was late in passing my draft and my notecards. But God's grace is sufficient. I don't know how my work would fare. But it's enough of a blessing that I was able to make something in three days, considering the major revision that I had to make.

I was also late in my other class. The lateness of the thesis draft affected my schedule. Sir Aureus was surprised to see me arrive in his classroom 45 minutes after classes have started. But I think he was pleased to see me anyhow, since that was the last day of our classes in CL 121 (Literary Theory Since Plato). A meeting before this last, Sir Aureus had been kind enough to tell me to take care of myself. He knew that I was hypoglycemic. I was surprised to hear such a kind remark from a professor. I've been praying for him that he may come to know Christ.

I've been feeling faint since this morning due to lack of sleep. When I rode the jeepney on my way to Philcoa at 5:30 this afternoon to have my lunch, I looked at the sky. The rain had stopped. And a beautiful sunset had emerged. It was as if God was telling me to wake up from my long and sweet dream.

I am reluctant to open my eyes. But if I don't, I may not be able to see a sweeter reality.

Praise Him! Praise Him forever!


"Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him..."

~Psalm 37: 3-7

...

1 commentaire:

Lance Catedral a dit…

It's great to know that you're still holding on, Razeru.

Sir Aureus remains my favorite professor in UP. I'm glad you're in his class.