mardi 4 mars 2008

an invitation

FROM MR. EIGEN IGNACIO:

Greetings!

The Orchestra will be having its 2008 concert this March 8, 2008 at
the International Christian Academy gymnasium. The performance
includes works by Handel, Mozart, and a healthy dose of anime and film
scores.

Entrance is just 50 bucks. Proceeds return to the orchestra to fund
operations.

In case you're wondering why I'm posting this, it's because I'll be
conducting. Hehehe.

The concert starts at 5pm. I advise you to not be late - the
department has been making it a point to start all concerts on time,
and has succeeded in doing so up to this point. There are no
designated seats
(except for absolute front and center, which is reserved for school
officials), so it's first-come, first-served.

Time of travel from UP to ICA: Long. Hehe. No, really. If you follow
the directions I posted, it should take about an hour - the
operative word being "should". I advise everyone to travel in groups,
to stave-off boredom :)

There are no tickets - you will be stamped at the gate upon paying the
entrance fee of 50 pesos.

Just in case: No, there is no prescribed attire; just dress decently
and not like we dragged you off the street in our desperation to have
an audience.

Please be responsible for any little children you might be bringing
with you, i.e. keep them quiet, keep them still, or leave them at home!

We do ask that all guests refrain from leaving the venue, going to the
bathroom, etc. while the performance is going on. There is an
intermission, so hold it until then.

For those of you interested in watching The Orchestra, here are
detailed commuting instructions from Quezon City:

1.) Get to the Ayala MRT station (I'm sure you can do THAT!) ;)

2.) Ride a southbound bus marked SUCAT - BICUTAN. It MUST have SUCAT-
BICUTAN on its signboard, and not just ALABANG. Buses marked with
only ALABANG use the skyway and will not stop at the Sucat
interchange.

3.)Get off at the Sucat interchange. This is the stop AFTER SM
Bicutan. Again, this is the stop AFTER, not AT. Put simply, when you
can see an SM from the bus, DO NOT get off yet. Get off at the NEXT
stop, which is marked by an overpass (a non-MMDA overpass, that is).

4.) Ride any jeep going AWAY from Laguna de Bay (the big lake). These
jeeps are mostly Baclaran and Kabihasnan. Ask to be let off at FOURTH
ESTATE.

5.) At FOURTH ESTATE, you can take a tricycle to ICA (pronounced "Eye-
See-Ey", NOT "Ika").

When in doubt...talk to Rapunzel Tomacder of Yakal Dormitory. She has
had extensive experience commuting to ICA :)

I hope I didn't miss anything :) Hope to see you on Saturday.

Aucun commentaire: