Tu Ne Quaesieris
by C.S. Lewis
For all the lore of Lodge and MyersI cannot heal my torn desires,Nor hope for all that man can speerTo make the riddling earth grow clear.Though it were sure and proven wellThat I shall prosper, as they tell,In fields beneath a different sunBy shores where other oceans run,When this live body that was ILies hidden from the cheerful sky,Yet what were endless lives to meIf still my narrow self I beAnd hope and fail and struggle still,And break my will against God’s will,To play for stakes of pleasure and painAnd hope and fail and hope again,Deluded, thwarted, striving elfThat through the window of my selfAs through a dark glass scarce can seeA warped and masked reality?But when this searching thought of mineIs mingled in the large Divine,And laughter that was in my mouthRuns through the breezes of the South,When glory I have built in dreamsAlong some fiery sunset gleams,And my dead sin and foolishnessGrow one with Nature’s whole distress,To perfect being I shall win,And where I end will Life begin.~another nice poem
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire